Monday, October 5, 2009

Monday is for the Birds!

It's a beautiful bright sunny Monday morning in October and what better way to spend it then by taking a walk around Mill lake! Not many birds today, but what was there made the walk most exciting! As the saying goes, "A picture is worth a thousand words", I will do just that and share with you my findings through my pictures!


Sleepy white goose



Time to preen




I am awake now!


Sleepy ducks


American Coots everywhere!!



I had a wonderful little find as well today as I was watching the American Coots swim amongst the geese and ducks...I thought I had been buzzed by a Steller Jay but was quick to discover that's not what it was at all!!!


Belted Kingfisher


I get by with a little help from my friends!



The last visit I had at the lake, I was lucky to observe a Double Crested Cormorant. Today I spotted not one, not two but three sunning themselves on a log in the lake.








   

I think every week should start with a Monday like this! A beautiful day for a walk, a great day for birds and a nice warm sunny day to soak up some rays!!





Let the sun shine down on me!!

  

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful photos..I loved the Goose shots..
    The ducks on the board..
    and wow..the close up kingfisher...they always fly away when I try to photograph them.
    What a lovely day...

    ReplyDelete