Monday, November 2, 2009

A Few Birds


Going to Puerto Vallarta, I was hoping to see a pelican and pelicans I saw!















Along with the pelicans I saw a couple of gulls..



...more then enough pigeons.....












...a few cormorants......







......grackles everywhere.....











........a condor or two.....ok, Turkey Vultures.......







......and a pretty little yellow bird called a Great Kiskadee.










The Kiskadees would not come down from the treetops long enough for me to get a good shot of them. Their song is so pretty and it was so much fun watching them flit from tree-top to tree-top.

I also saw many Frigate bird...unfortunately the only photos I got are all blurry but these birds are huge and most impressive. I am planning to return to Puerto Vallarta soon and birding is at the top of the list!!

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! The pelicans are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how fun...some good birdies too..Like that kiskadee bird..

    ReplyDelete