Sunday, March 23, 2014

Good News Bad News Good News Good News

Goods news, I’m still here. Bad news, the cancer has spread. Good news, my prognosis is good. Good news, our second grandchild, a boy was born this past Friday morning, March 21st and we are so excited!

I will endure five days a week for five weeks of external radiation and a two to three day stay in the hospital for internal radiation. This is to shrink the tumours so I am able to have robotic assist laparoscopy surgery and not have to be cut open. They also have a better success rate of getting all the cancer by doing the radiation before the surgery.

It has all been a bit surreal for me but I am keeping as positive as I can and there is no way this evil thing is going to win! I have to say that the best part of all this, is that I get dots tattooed on me…lol…I’ve always wanted a tattoo. Winking smile

I’m still looking forward for warm weather to get out and chase those birds with my camera!

And now may I introduce our grandson, Lachlan.

lac

5 comments:

  1. My thoughts are with you as you continue your battle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robbie, I will dwell on all the good news! Congratulations on your new little one! He's very precious!
    Looks like you have a bit a rough road coming up. I'm sure you will handle with ease.
    You are in my thoughts and I look forward to Alberta birds shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. with the bad comes the good..hugs to you my dear friend..you are in our thoughts as you endure the treatment process..
    May the new grandson bring much joy and happiness to your family! He is beautiful! I can just imagine what a good big sister Scarlett is going to be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robbie.. Congrats on grandson, and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love birds. They are my passion. And I am a cancer warrior. Stage 1.5 (sounds better than stage 2 doesn't it) squamous of the tonsils Non smoker, non drinker. I didn't fit the profile and it did not show
    HPV and they didn't know what to do with me. But gave me seven weeks of tomo radiation anyway
    and cut out the growths. Weren't they sweet. I refuse to let this diagnosis almost five years ago be my entire life Ask for xanax if it's a closed radiation unit. It helps. I am claustrophobic. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete